A Classics Club spin is where participants choose 20 books from their classics list, a moderator picks a number between 1-20, and then participants have a deadline in which to read the randomly chosen book.
It’s a nice way to get a little push and some extra reading support. This is the third spin and the second in which I’m participating. Last time I got This Side of Paradise which I did not enjoy. C’est la vie. This time the goddess Fortuna will be kinder to me, yes?
Because I’m in the midst of selling my house and moving and don’t know when everything will happen (but hope its soon!), I’m not selecting any big, chunky classics this time or the ones that I’m slightly dreading, so no Count of Monte Cristo or War and Peace. I don’t have any re-reads on my main list, so there are none below.
I also chose only women writers this time around. It wasn’t intentional at first, but then it was!
Need a push to start:
|Lady Fortune in a Boccaccio manuscript|
1. Rebecca, Du Maurier
2. Regeneration, Parker
3. Curious Wine, Forrest
4. A Raisin in the Sun, Hansberry–THE CHOSEN ONE!
5. Wuthering Heights, Bronte
6. Mrs. Dalloway, Woolf
Feel neutral about:
7. So Big, Ferber
8. The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, McCullers
9. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Smith
10. To the Lighthouse, Woolf
11. Stone Angel, Laurence
12. The Price of Salt, Highsmith
Really excited to read:
13. We Have Always Lived in a Castle, Jackson
14. And Then There Were None, Christie
15. Sense and Sensibility, Austen
16. Pride and Prejudice, Austen
17. Ship of Fools, Porter
18. Wise Blood, O’Connor
19. Suite Francaise, Nemirovsky
20. Diary of a Young Girl, Frank
If you haven’t heard of the Classics Club check it out here.
Are you participating in this spin? If so please include your link in the comments–I’d love to see what you’ve selected.