The Willa Cather Book Club is sponsored by Book Club on the Go. We meet quarterly at the Wood Memorial Library and Museum in South Windsor, CT and on occasion at Red Heat Tavern. The pandemic has definitely disrupted our meeting schedule.
We have members who have never read Willa Cather but always wanted to, and some who have just recently heard about her. Other members are long-time Cather readers. All are welcome to attend!
Thursday, April 21, 2022, at 1 pm
At Red Heat Tavern in South Windsor, CT.
We’ll be discussing Cather’s first novel, O Pioneers!, which is our last Cather novel. At this meeting we’ll also decide which classic American author we’d like to read next.
- December 7, 2017: Inaugural meeting and Willa Cather Birthday Party
- January 2018: My Antonia
- April 2018: The Song of the Lark
- July 2018: One of Ours
- October 2018: Death Comes for the Archbishop
- January 2019: My Mortal Enemy
- April 2019: A Lost Lady
- July 2019: Sapphira and The Slave Girl
- October 2019: The Professor’s House
- January 2020: Shadows on the Rock
- No other meetings in 2020 due to the pandemic
- July 2021: Lucy Gayheart
Wood Memorial Library and Museum
783 Main Street
South Windsor, CT 06074