I love all kinds of libraries — from the small-town library to a huge university library. I thought it would be fun and possibly of interest to fellow library lovers to post pictures of libraries I encounter on my travels.
Sometimes libraries are closed when I stumble upon them and I’ve started titling those posts “Library Stops.” When I get to walk around inside a library and take interior shots, I title those posts “Library Visits.”
In an effort to not bother or post photos in which patrons are easily identifiable, I often don’t take pictures of the entire interior of a library. As a result, these posts are not necessarily comprehensive library tours. If you should notice yourself in a photo and want me to blur your image, just let me know.
This list is organized by state and then by town or city.
- New Haven, Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- New Haven, The Institute Library (guest post on The Emerald City Book Review)
- New London
- Norwich (old Otis Library, 1850)
- Salisbury (guest post on Book Bloggers International)
- Arlington Heights
- Chicago (Blackstone)
- Chillicothe (old Carnegie, 1915)
- Chillicothe (new public, 2005)
- Freeport (Featuring 3 libraries)
- Hines (Veterans Hospital)
- Manhattan The Morgan
- Manhattan New York City Main Branch
- Manhattan The New York Society Library (Manhattan)