I need some support if I’m going to make it through my Classics Club reading list, so I’m signing up for the Back to the Classics Challenge 2014 hosted this year by Books and Chocolate.
Here are this year’s required categories and the book I’m thinking of reading for each:
- A 20th Century Classic: The Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- A 19th Century Classic: The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- A Classic by a Woman Author: The Country of the Pointed Firs by Sarah Orne Jewett
- A Classic in Translation: The Drinker by Hans Fallada
- A Wartime Classic: Three Soldiers John Dos Passos
- A Classic by an Author Who Is New To You: So Big by Edna Ferber
Optional Categories and the book I’m considering:
- An American Classic: The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- A Classic Mystery, Suspense or Thriller: Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
- A Historical Fiction Classic: Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- A Classic That’s Been Adapted Into a Movie or TV Series: Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austin
- Extra Fun Category: Write a Review of the Movie or TV Series adapted from Optional Category #4.
Click here to sign-up to take the challenge yourself!