Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon is underway! I wish you all good books, comfy places to read, and yummy snacks.
Since I’m turning into a pumpkin at noon, I thought I’d jump in and participate in the opening meme.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? New England! Connecticut.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I always enjoy dipping into The Selected Letters of Willa Cather. Looking forward to finally getting started on Fram by Steve Himmer.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Walnuts and bananas with some powered cocoa nibs sprinkled on top. It is like a banana split without the ice cream.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I love musical theater! And that’s the reason why I only have four hours to read today. We’re heading to Manhattan for a show as soon as my wife gets off work this afternoon.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Last spring was my first readathon and I loved it. I read for about 19 hours. If I were able to attempt the whole 24 hours today I’d incorporate an audiobook and walk on the treadmill or outside while listening to get my blood pumping. My body felt stiff and yucky by the early morning hours on Sunday.
Happy reading everyone! I look forward to checking in on folks throughout the day as much as I’m able.
Good luck and happy reading! Audiobooks are the best complement to the readathon. I am actually doing my chores right now (just had a break to cheer) and am still reading.
I'll check on you later, from #TeamSherlock
Thank you! Happy reading to you, too! I look forward to checking out your blog.
I like your idea about walking part way through the read-a-thon. I might have to break out my audio book and do that. Have fun at the theater.
Hope the show was marvelous!! And I hope you get in a little more reading! #TeamSherlock
Walking on the treadmill while reading or listening to an audiobook is a really great idea. I hope that you are having fun while participating. Keep up the great work! And enjoy your musical of course 🙂 Happy reading!
You're reminding me that I need to get on my treadmill and move a bit more! I love Cather!
Oh, cool! Hope you have a great time at the show and get in some good reading as well. 🙂
Hope you had a great readathon! Did you get any walking in?
The show was great–we saw On the Town. I read a few pages before passing out. Hope you had a fun readathon!
Have you dipped into the letters yet? They are marvelous!
Thanks, Tasha! I'm looking forward to the fall readathon already.