WildmooBooks turns six today!
How time flies. I still feel like such a newbie.
This is the first year I’ve made the connection that January 19th is also Edgar Allan Poe’s birthday (he was born in 1809) and also the day that the Mystery Writers of America announces its annual nominees for The Edgar Awards (named, if you didn’t know, after Edgar Allan Poe).
To celebrate these occasions and as a thank you to all who’ve connected with me here over the years, I thought it would be fun to offer a giveaway.
Below is a list of nominees for five of the Edgar Award categories. The winner of this giveaway will get to choose one book from the list below, up to $25.
Price and availability to be established via bookdepository.com. At the time of this post going live there is only one title listed over $25 (Meanwhile There Are Letters: The Correspondence of Eudora Welty and Ross Macdonald by Suzanne Marrs and Tom Nolan) and one that is not available (American Pain: How a Young Felon and his Ring of Doctors Unleashed America’s Deadliest Drug Epidemic by John Temple). Pricing and availability can change in a week.
Please enter below via Rafflecopter and leave a comment with which title(s) you’re most excited to see on this list and/or which you’d most like to read.
- The Strangler Vine by M.J. Carter
- The Lady From Zagreb by Philip Kerr
- Life or Death by Michael Robotham
- Let Me Die in His Footsteps by Lori Roy
- Canary by Duane Swierczynski
- Night Life by David C. Taylor
- Past Crimes by Glen Erik Hamilton
- Where All Light Tends to Go by David Joy
- Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
- The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen
- Unbecoming by Rebecca Scherm
- The Long and Faraway Gone by Lou Berney
- The Necessary Death of Lewis Winter by Malcolm Mackay
- What She Knew by Gilly Macmillan
- Woman with a Blue Pencil by Gordon McAlpine
- Gun Street Girl by Adrian McKinty
- The Daughter by Jane Shemilt
- Operation Nemesis: The Assassination Plot that Avenged the Armenian Genocide by Eric Bogosian
- Where The Bodies Were Buried: Whitey Bulger and the World That Made Him by T.J. English
- Whipping Boy: The Forty-Year Search for My Twelve-Year-Old Bully by Allen Kurzweil
- Forensics: What Bugs, Burns, Prints, DNA and More Tell Us About Crime by Val McDermid
- American Pain: How a Young Felon and his Ring of Doctors Unleashed America’s Deadliest Drug Epidemic by John Temple
- The Golden Age of Murder by Martin Edwards
- The Outsider: My Life in Intrigue by Frederick Forsyth
- Meanwhile There Are Letters: The Correspondence of Eudora Welty and Ross Macdonald by Suzanne Marrs and Tom Nolan
- Goldeneye: Where Bond Was Born: Ian Fleming’s Jamaica by Matthew Parker
- The Lost Detective: Becoming Dashiell Hammett by Nathan Ward
Congratulations to all the nominees! Thank you as always for visiting WildmooBooks and good luck to you if you entered to win!